Counter Fraud, Compliance and Debt (CFCD) is unique across the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) in that it has end to end ownership of all aspects of fraud, error and debt, from policy, strategy and analytical insight right the way through to operational delivery via Investigation, Compliance, Interventions, Debt and National Insurance Number (NINo) teams.
This gives CFCD the opportunity to establish oversight and control of the main levers needed to improve the way we manage fraud and error in the Department for Work and Pensions.
The Directorate aligns our strategic and operational functions, supporting DWP to deliver its objectives in identifying and correcting error, driving down fraud and using advanced analytics and insight to prevent fraud and error entering the system.
We offer a competitive salary which varies depending on your grade, location and circumstances. The salary is not negotiable as per Civil Service pay policy.
Grade Scale (depending on location) AO £21,012 to £25,111 EO £27,565 to £31,877 HEO £31,989 to £38,997 SEO £35,310 to £45,018 G7 £49,171 to £64,656 G6 £60,740 to £78,767
In addition to your basic salary, you may receive rewards and recognition for your individual or team contribution to the Department's work.
Civil Service Pension benefits are a valuable part of your employee benefits package. You can find out more by visiting: civilservicepensionscheme.org.uk/.
What's in it for me?
Whatever your role, we take your career and development seriously, and want to enable you to build a career in line with your personal career goals with the department and wider Civil Service. It is crucial that our employees have the right skills to develop their careers and meet the challenges ahead, and you'll benefit from regular performance and development reviews to ensure this development is ongoing. As a Civil Service employee, you'll be entitled to a large range of benefits, including:
- 23 days annual leave on entry, increasing on a sliding scale to 30 days after 5 years' service. This is in addition to your public/bank holidays.
- This will be complemented by one further day paid privilege entitlement to mark the Queen's Birthday.
- Interest-free loans allowing you to spread the cost of an annual travel season ticket or a new bicycle.
- A competitive contributory pension scheme that you can enter as soon as you join where we will make a significant contribution to the cost of your pension; where your contributions come out of your salary before any tax is taken; and where your pension will continue to provide valuable benefits for you and your family if you are too ill to continue to work or die before you retire.
- Flexible working patterns and access to Flexible Working Schemes allowing you to vary your working day to suit your work life balance whilst meeting business needs.
- Generous paid maternity and paternity leave which is notably more than the statutory minimum offered by many other employers after a qualifying period.
- The use of onsite facilities including parking, fitness centres and staff canteens (where applicable).
- Occupational sick pay after a qualifying period.
- The Department supports many charitable organisations and forums which you will be able to support and get involved with, individually or as part of a team, this can include paid time off. EG Listening circles, Vegan Network, Menopause Network, Financial Support Toolkit plus many webinars and workshops covering topics from desk yoga to Men's Health and Sleep Hygiene.
- An employee benefits discounts scheme offering discounts to suit your lifestyle and save you money on a wide range of products and events. For example: Food and Drink, Travel Leisure & Entertainment and Health and Fitness.
- DWP employees have access to a payroll savings scheme to put money aside into a monthly savings account to use when needed.
- Free full eye and eyesight test and a voucher towards the cost of glasses needed for VDU use.
- DWP employees have direct access to the Vodafone advantage scheme which gives discounted personal mobile device connections.
- The Health and Social Security Recreational Association (HASSRA) is a nationwide sports and leisure organisation that provides the opportunity for DWP employees to take part in a range of sporting, recreational and cultural activities.
- Free access to the DWP Occupational Health Service Physiotherapy Helpline for any pre-existing or new injury or condition from day 1.
- Free access to 24 hour a day Employee Assistance Programme – get free advice from specialists regarding bereavement support, critical incident, legal or financial advice as well as telephone counselling should you or your spouse or dependants, who meet eligibility requirements, need it.
DWP is committed to enabling all its employees to develop to their maximum potential. There are a number of talent programmes and development schemes available. In addition, the department supports internal and cross government promotion and lateral move opportunities on both a permanent and temporary basis.
On offer are 37 different apprenticeship programmes to suit all grades and job roles in addition to some of the compulsory qualifications which would be outlined in the advert.
Technical and professional learning is available through Civil Service Learning and DWP Learning and Development which encourages self-learning in your own time. DWP allow every employee to dedicate up to 5 days per annum to support your personal development and learning plans.
What you can expect from DWP
DWP is a flexible employer adapting at a fast pace to the challenges presented through Covid-19. CFCD is adapting to this new world; we're balancing the need to see citizens face to face, working in our partners' premises and operating virtually, including from our employees' homes where that is possible, using hybrid working. The IT and support we give enables this blended working to also attend the office and visit other sites when it is required.
Our aim is to create an environment where everyone feels supported to be their best. We help our staff balance work, home life and support their wellbeing. DWP strives to be a wholly inclusive organisation and we also pride ourselves on being a Disability Confident Leader. We wholeheartedly commit to the Civil Service ambition to be the most inclusive employer in the UK, we welcome and encourage applications from all people from a wide range of backgrounds to help DWP become more representative of the communities we serve.
As a continuously learning organisation, DWP offers a tailored learning and development programme for CFCD roles, to help further build knowledge and skills to deliver the support and help needed to our customers.
We want to ensure we offer fulfilling, rewarding careers that attract and retain motivated people.